"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- The West Roxbury Civic & Improvement Association is meeting tonight at . Highlighting the agenda, District 6 City Councilor Matt O'Malley will give an update on the city's , which threaten to divide West Roxbury.
- St. Patrick's Day is coming up Saturday, and we want to see where Patch readers choose to celebrate in West Roxbury. Be sure to vote in our Best of Patch Readers' Choice poll, which will run all week.
- Today marks the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts. The will play host to the Parkway Girl Scouts tonight, who will recite the organization's Promise and Law at 7:12 p.m. Girl Scouts all over the country will be doing the same.
- Have you noticed Patch's new jobs board? Employers are hiring in the area. If you're looking for work, or more work, take a look here.
- ' are underway. Nine restaurants are battling for the crown as the neighborhood's best burger provider. Online polling will account for 25 percent of the vote and can be participated in here.