1. Accused Ponzi Schemers Face New Charges: The Palladinos were indicted on new charges yesterday. They'll be in court next month and in May.
2. 1988 Murder Trial: The prosecution ended in the trial of Michael Coker, accused of a 1988 West Roxbury murder. The defense may call a witness today, and closing arguments should begin Monday, according to Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley.
3. Menino: Mayor Thomas Menino announced he'll not run for a seventh term yesterday. District 6 City Counilor Matt O'Malley gave his thoughts on the decision.
4. Voter Registration: The last day to register to vote or change one’s voting address or party affiliation for the April 30 primary is April 10. The Election Department is located in Room 241 of Boston City Hall and will be open until 8 p.m. that evening to accommodate prospective registrants and those wishing to make changes. Voters who have used absentee ballots in the past are reminded that a new application must be filled out each calendar year. Applications can be downloaded from the Election Department’s website, www.cityofboston.gov/elections.
5. Hubway: With the weather warming, be on the lookout for some open Hubway stations in and around Boston.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.
About this column: A roundup of events taking place today in West Roxbury.