"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight there will be a Christmastime in Ireland Direct from Dublin show at the Irish Social Club at 7 p.m. $20 tickets at the door. Tony Kenny, the star of Jurys Cabaret is headlining, with Kathy Durkin, the three-time winner of Ireland's female recording artist of the year, will also perform. The Dublin Trinity Band and the Jurys Irish Dancers are also scheduled to appear.
- The Boston City Council will hold its first hearing on medicinal marijuana dispensaries and where they will be sited across the city. Noon. Boston City Hall.
- Also today at Boston City Council's weekly meeting, District 6 City Councilor Matt O'Malley is calling for a hearing to "discuss the availability of tap-water in public places and new technologies for its delivery."
- District 2 Councilor Bill Linehan wants to hold a hearing "to determine how to alleviate the long lines and delays on Election Day." This will also be intoduced at today's council meeting.
- Enter your house in Patch's Deck the House contest and win $100,000 for the Boston Public Schools district and $500 for your electricity bill.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.