"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- The External Advisory Committee on School Choice has extended its work to recommend an option through January, according to a press release from the city. The committee is working on improving the student assignment system for Boston Public Schools.
- Meet with West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley during his office hours at Starbucks today from 8 to 9 a.m.
- Today the Red Sox will transform Fenway Park into a winter wonderland at the Red Sox Holiday Bash, a free, open-to-public holiday festival. Children and families of all ages are invited to experience the magic of the holiday season through an interactive Winter Village, complete with a trackless train, moon bounce and a decked out Christmas tree. Appearances by Red Sox players and legends; Access to exclusive areas of the ballpark, including the home clubhouse; Debut of the "Fenway Park Winter Light Show," an LED musical performance on; the Green Monster at 5:45, 6:45, & 7:45 p.m. – designed by Atlas, Inc.; Fenway Park winter menu items; Opportunity to get a photo with a background of the field and Fenway Park façade. The event is open to the public. Please RSVP by visiting redsox.com/holidays and clicking Yes. Start at 5 p.m.
- You can drop Toys for Tots off at Gallagher Insurance at 106 Spring St.
- Enter your house in Patch's Deck the House contest and win $100,000 for the Boston Public Schools district and $500 for your electricity bill.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.