"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight is October's Highland Hash Fun Run with LeanWorks and High & Mighty Beer at Blanchard's Tasting Room. Fun Run participants meet at the host venue (Blanchard's) where they can choose from a 2.5-mile or 5-mile route based on their skill level. Each route ends back at the venue, with light appetizers and locally brewed craft beer. 6 p.m. at Blanchard's for fun, and then 7-8:30 p.m. with food and beer.
- Shecky’s Girls Night Out: Have a night out with your girlfirends at The Castle at Boston Park Plaza. From 5 to 10 p.m., enjoy complimentary cocktails, beauty services and a goodie bag filled with new beauty products.
- New England Aquarium Lecture: Fish Meat: It’s Hard to Know What to Eat: We love seafood, but the seas are running out of fish. This lecture hosted by the New England Aquarium will discuss what farmed fish are and how we can create a sustainable aquaculture. Stop by at 7 p.m. in the Aquarium's Harborside Learning Lab. You can register here.
- Apply to be on the Boston School Committee. Applications are due Nov. 19 by noon. Follow this link for the application.
- On Friday is the 27th Annual Hyde Park YMCA Auction. The evening will include a silent and main auction, catered by Sophia’s Grotto. Rich DiMare (from KISS 108 Matty in the Morning Show, presented by Music Management) will be back again this year to entertain us. All proceeds benefit the Hyde Park YMCA annual fund. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door, reserved table of 10 for $225. Tickets can be purchased online at ymcaboston.org/hydepark For additional information or to purchase tickets or donate to the event, please contact Michelle Consalvo at 617-361-2300 or email@example.com. At the Elks Hall in West Roxbury. 6:30 p.m.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.