"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today is the first day of the 36th Annual St. George Bazaar & Food Fair. Hours: Fri/Sat 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Sun. 2-3 p.m. Free admission. Full-kitchen service and take-out available. Authentic Middle Eastern cuisine and pastries, American foods and pastries, country store, holiday crafts, handmade items, white elephant table and more. Galaxy raffle tickets to win fabulous prizes. For more info please call the Church at 6170323-9861. Proceeds to benefit church projects.
- Today from 1-3 p.m. enjoy a free wine tasting at the Greek International Food Market. Sample and learn about Greek wines.
- Tonight Catholic Memorial faces Xavierian in football at CM and WEEI wil be there to give out prizes and coverage of the game. 7 p.m. is gametime.
- On Saturday, there will be a Children's Used Book Sale at the West Roxbury Library. 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Books for kids of all ages.
- On Saturday, join the West Roxbury Community Centers Teen Center on a trip to a corn field maze at Schartner Farms in Bolton, MA. Pre-registration and permission slip required. 6th grade and older. Due to the limited number of slots for teen trips, once registration is accepted by WRCC no refunds, credits or transfers will be given if a teen does not attend. Please contact Courtney for more info at 617-635-5066. $10 per person. Leaving at 10 a.m. for Roche Family Community Center.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.