"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today the Boston Police District E-5 is hosting a Halloween party for kids from 5-8 p.m. There will be activites at both the police station and the Roche Family Community Center. A costume contest, clowns, jugglers, entertainment and more. Dress up in your favorite costume.
- There will be a Halloween Dog Walk on Sunday, October 28, at 2:30-5 p.m. at the soccer field at Millennium Park.
- On Saturday is St. John Chrysostom's Annual Bazaar. It's a day of fun, feasting, gift buying, and raffles. The bazaar offers many hand-made items including, arts and crafts, baked goods, jewelry, knit goods, plants, and a special Christmas room. For more info visit www.stjohnchrysostom02132.org. 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tonight there will be a Halloween DJ Public Skate at the Jim Roche Community Ice Arena. $5 admission, $5 rental skates. Lights out - bring your glow sticks! BOO! You're invited to an extra spooky edition of our monthly themed public skate events. A live, ice-side DJ will be taking your requests and spinning classic Halloween tunes as well as today's hottest hits. Costumes are encouraged, but please, no masks or dangling material below the knee. Rental skates available on a first come, first served basis. 8 p.m.
- The Burger King on the VFW Parkway had its license suspended for two days by the Boston Licensing Board - for previously being open during an original two-day suspension.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.