"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- On Thursday night, Boston Public Schools will hold a public meeting about the five school choice plans they proposed last week to answer questions and to discuss the plan. Ohrenberger School from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The meeting is open to the public.
- The West Roxbury YMCA is offering a that addresses the college essay process, the application process including the common application. Please contact Becky Peluso West Roxbury YMCA Teen Director 857-547-1332 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The college prep class started on Sept. 29 and goes through Nov. 3. Still contact if you missed Sept. 29.
- There is no yard waste collection this week or next, but will start again on Oct. 15 and end Nov. 30, but residents can still put yard waste out as trash after Nov. 30.
- On Friday night join the Teen Center on Centre as they visit the Haunted Hotel in Canton. Pre-registration and permission slip required. Grade six and older. Due to the limited number of slots for teen trips, once registration is accepted by WRCC no refunds, credits or transfers will be given if a teen does not attend. Please contact Courtney for more info at 617-635-5066. Leaving the Roche Family Community Center at 5 p.m.
- At least four more maps for redistricting the Boston City Council districts will be presented today at the Council's weekly meeting. 1 p.m. (this week). City Hall.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.