"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Share and check out Hurricane Sandy photos from West Roxbury here.
- Call the Mayor's Hotline at 617-635-4500 to report a tree down on a public way, powerlines, clogged sewer or other public way problem.
- Check out this .
- The Fashion Mob Show is taking place on Thursday starting at 5:30 p.m., with models hitting 162 to 170 Spring Street in Fabutique and Top It Off fashion.
- On Halloween, families and kids of all ages will have an opportunity to “Trick-or-Treat at Fenway Park” around the warning track (weather-permitting), decorate pumpkins, and enjoy magicians, face painting, and balloon artists. Red Sox alumni Frank Malzone, Ted Lepcio, Rich Gedman, and Bob Montgomery will also be on hand to meet fans and sign autographs. Families are encouraged to wear costumes and can enter the park through Gate B starting at 4 p.m. Discounted concessions will be offered during the event. FREE from 4-8 p.m., and open to the public. The event is one of 100 “Acts of Kindness” the club is performing in honor of Fenway Park’s 100th Anniversary season.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.
About this column: A roundup of events taking place today in West Roxbury.