"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- The West Roxbury YMCA is offering a that addresses the college essay process, the application process including the common application. Please contact Becky Peluso West Roxbury YMCA Teen Director 857-547-1332 or email@example.com. The college prep class started on Sept. 29 and goes through Nov. 3. Still contact if you missed Sept. 29.
- Tonight join the Teen Center on Centre as they visit the Haunted Hotel in Canton. Pre-registration and permission slip required. Grade six and older. Due to the limited number of slots for teen trips, once registration is accepted by WRCC no refunds, credits or transfers will be given if a teen does not attend. Please contact Courtney for more info at 617-635-5066. Leaving the Roche Family Community Center at 5 p.m.
- The Roslindale Village Farmers' Market is open on Saturday from 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. with fresh local food, entertainment for kids and adults, and more. Adams Park at Cummins Highway and Washington Street, Roslindale.
- On Sunday there will be a Blessing of the Animals at the Emmanuel Episcopal Church. Bring your pet—live or remembered in a photo—to be blessed. Boston homeless animals need your help! Help support MSPCA–Angell and bring an item with you to fulfill their wish list: blankets, towels, sheets, soft bedding, animal beds, dog training treats. Blessing of the Animals at 10:45–11:15 a.m. Holy Eucharist at 10 a.m.
- Trying to figure out how much your home is assessed for? Or want to get it reassessed? Check out the City's Assessing Department online.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.