"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Boston City Councilor At-Large Felix Arroyo is calling for a future hearing at today's City Council meeting to address the "feasibility of offering maternity and paternity paid leave to City of Boston employees." Read Arroyo's ordinance here. . Noon.
- , for both boys and girls, are today and ongoing until Sept. 14. Today its 5th and 7th grade boys tryouts starting at 5 p.m. You can register online by clicking the link to the registration form in the upper right corner of the website’s home page. . 5 p.m.
- Also at today's City Council meeting, West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley is calling for a future committee hearing to discuss ways to "improve traffic flow in Boston including signage and enforcement."
- Please submit and . There are a couple of new ones since yesterday.
- Today childrens will be at the at 4:30 p.m. Morgan plays many classic kids songs as well as some of his originals. He is whimsical, silly and has the adults tapping their toes and the kids dancing on his magic carpet. Come early or stay late. Entertainment is included in the price of admission to the play space. $10/kid, $16 for 2 kids, discounted price for twins.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.