"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- All golfers are invited to the Jason Roberts Challenger League 10th annual Best Ball Golf Tournament Fundraiser Foursomes is tomorrow, Sat., Sept. 15. George Wright Golf Course, 420 West St., Hyde Park. $125 entry fee per golfer (or $500 per foursome) includes greens fees, cart, food and prizes. In addition to raffle prizes, awards will also be given to the winning golf team, longest drive and closest to the pin. Dinner to follow at the clubhouse. Registration begins at 10 a.m. and tee off will start at 11 a.m. To register or for additional information, contact Bill Kelly at 617-291-9933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP by September 10.
- More for you golfers out there! The is on Monday morning starting at 7:30 a.m. The funds raised will go to the Annual Fund which allows the YMCA to provide a myriad of programs like Swim Nights for Autistic Children, LIVESTRONG for cancer survivors, subsidized summer camps and more. Also at the George Wright Golf Course. $160 per player. Buy tickets here.
- , for both boys and girls, are today and end today, Sept. 14. Today its 7th and 8th grade boys tryouts starting at 5 p.m. You can register online by clicking the link to the registration form in the upper right corner of the website’s home page. . 5 p.m.
- The Boston Police Athletic League brings European-style kart racing to the streets of Boston with the on Saturday. A four-hour team endurance race to benefit youth development, participants will feel the power of race engineered, 9 horsepower karts that are capable of speeds in excess of 45 MPH. Race car drivers say that controlling a the open seat, no suspension and just 1” off the ground karts feels just like driving a Formula 1 car. Whether you sign up in advance to race or just come out that day and watch, the PAL Grand Prix is guaranteed to show you a side of Boston’s streets you’ve never seen before. 22 Boston Wharf Road, Boston.
- Tell your mother, tell your father, tell your brother-in-law - Roslindale Patch will be launching on September 27. I will be the editor of it, too. Please like the Roslindale Patch Facebook fanpage.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.