Depending upon which weather forecaster you listen to they will all tell you one thing - today is very hot! So here are some places that you can keep cool in West Roxbury.
This is not a ranking, merely six options. Feel free to add other options.
The Boston Centers for Youth and Families have three Cooling Centers and Pools in West Roxbury. City officials recommend that you call the locations first before going to make sure they are open.
- One option is the off Washington Street. 617-635-5021.
- Another BCYF option, and cooling center is the . 617-635-5066. Ask about their children's programming.
- The third BCYF option is the . 617- 635-5183. Ask about children's programming
- There's also the , which is nice and cool, and there are plenty of reading options so you'll have something to do.
- The has a pool! Call 617-323-3200. Check out the pool schedule here.
- Go and launch a canoe at ! Enjoy the water of the Charles River, maybe fall in or splash your fellow canoeists.