.

Alleged South End Burglar Arrested

Police believe 41-year-old Lorenzo Gross may be responsible for a number of area break-ins.

Boston Police arrested a 41-year-old Dorchester man Thursday who they believe may be responsible for a number of South End break-ins.

After receiving a 911 call about a suspicious male in the area of W. Newton Street, a police officer detained Lorenzo Gross, who matched the caller’s description of the male, at the top of a stair case outside a Pembroke Street residence.

Once backup arrived, the officer searched Gross and found a pair of wire cutters, a screw driver and another individual’s credit card, according to police.

At the scene, officers were also able to identify Gross as the suspect from a prior breaking and entering on Monday, Jan. 2, at a Claremont Park residence.

Gross was then arrested and charged with dwelling house, day breaking and entering and being in possession of burglarious tools.

On Jan. 2, at about 10:15 a.m., officers responded to the Claremont Park residence, where the victim said that her home had been broken into while she had been away. She told police that an Apple iMac desktop computer, as well as related accessories, had been stolen.

Officers identified Gross from security footage obtained from that incident.

Boston Police detectives are continuing their investigation into Gross to determine the possibility of his connection to prior residential break-ins in the South End area.

SM_bos January 21, 2012 at 02:03 PM
Do they ever catch the fence? Or otherwise know how these crooks dispose of their laptops and other stolen items?

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »