She raised a child in the home, held family parties there, and was planning on re-doing the 2 1/2 story-single family house where she could spend many more happy years.
The West Roxbury homeowner who asked not be named, said she lived in 112 Beech Street for 25 years before it caught on fire on Friday morning.
"I loved the home because of all the great wood-work and I had big plans for redoing it next year," she said.
A two-alarm fire broke out Friday morning in the attic, according to the Boston Fire Department’s Twitter Page.
Fire officials said the cause was an electrical short circuit in the attic and the damage was estimated at $150,000.
Officials said no one was home at time of fire and no one was injured from the blaze.
The two adults and a teenager who live at the home and will now be staying with family and friends until their home is again habitable, according to Boston.com.