Kennedy’s wake will be held at the P.E. Murray Funeral Home, located at 2000 Centre St., from 2:30 to 8 p.m. His funeral will be held the following day at the Church of the Holy Name, located at 1689 Centre St. in West Roxbury, at 11 a.m.
There will be several road closures for the services.
Kennedy, 33, was killed alongside Lt. Ed Walsh, whose memorial service was held Tuesday in Watertown. They died fighting a huge blaze on Beacon Street.
A West Roxbury native, Kennedy lived in Hyde Park and was a six-veteran of the Boston Fire Department. He was one of the first responders in last year's Boston Marathon bombings. He served as a Marine and was involved in several community service initiatives, including being a Big Brother to a Milton teenager.
- Thousands Remember Fallen Firefighter Ed Walsh
- Somber Tribute at Logan Airport
- Students Sing 'Amazing Grace' for Firefighters
- Boston Bruins Honor Ed Walsh, Michael Kennedy
- Furnace May Have Sparked Back Bay Blaze
- Memorial Fund Established for Fallen Firefighters
- 2 Firefighters Killed, 18 Hurt in 9-Alarm Back Bay Fire
- Ed Walsh, Mike Kennedy Mourned
- Back Bay Fire: Photos, Video