1. A farewell party for Mayor Menino will be held this Friday at the Irish Social Club.
2. Walter’s Run 5k will be held at 10 a.m. on Dec. 8. The race begins at the West Roxbury YMCA and the first e50 entrants get running gloves and goodie bags.
3. West Roxbury families are welcome to celebrate the Day of the Dead on Tuesday at 4 p.m. at the WR branch of the Boston Public Library.
4. Nicole Freedman, Director of Bicycle Programs, will address concerned residents about new bike lanes in Boston this week. Freedman will speak at West Roxbury Business and Professional Association meeting on Nov. 19 at 7:30 pm. at the West Roxbury Police Station
5. If you would like to make a donation to help our State Representative Ed Coppinger, who is again organizing the effort to install Christmas/Holiday lighting in the business district, Make your check payable to "Raise Some Green for West Roxbury" and mail to Post Office Box 320610, West Roxbury, MA 02132. For more information, please call Rep. Coppinger at 617-519-1874.