617-635-5021 for Draper Pool
Draper Playground is well-hidden from the main drag of Washington Street, but there is a sign that notes its location.
Many people walk to the playground to use the year round Mary Draper Pool House. Pool goers must be members of the West Roxbury Community Centers through the Boston Centers for Youth & Families. Membership fees are not expensive compared to private clubs because the pool is run by the city of Boston.
There are two age-appropriate playgrounds, a full-court basketball court, and two baseball/softball diamonds.
- Hours: Daily, dawn to dusk for playground; pool hours: Mon - Fri, 6am - 7:45pm; summer hours: add Sat, 7:30am - 2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Discounts: Group/family, Senior
- Parking: On-street: free
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 5.76 acres
- Features: Jungle gym, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches
- Features: Basketball courts, Pool
- What's the most important rule for this pool?: You must shower before you enter the pool.