Boston Parks & Recreation Dept.: 617-635-4505
At Hynes Playground, neighborhood sport organizations practice and play games at the soccer/baseball fields, while toddlers enjoy the two age-appropriate playgrounds with water spouts to keep cool during the hot summer months.
There is also a full court basketball hoop where adult pick up games are often played, as well as recreational league games. There is a second basketball court that is smaller, next to the main court.
There is also an asphalt path around the entire park for walking or biking. Dogs are welcome, but must be leashed.
- Fax: none
- Hours: Dawn to dusk
- Handicap Accessible: No
- What makes this community special?: The Hynes Tot Lot Playground is a great place for young children to meet other young children from the area. The lot has a bouncy floor and plenty of safe and fun features made for toddlers.
- Parking: On-street: free
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: While you can see the playground and park from the VFW Parkway, it is best to drive off the VFW and park on Russel Rd., or one of the side streets.
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Playgrounds
- Permit requirements: Leagues must retain permits
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 6.42 acres
- Features: Fountain, Jungle gym, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches