The Joyce Kilmer School is expanding every year. What once was a traditional elementary school is now a K-7 school; they are working their way up to becoming a K-8. K-3 is taught in the Baker Street building, while grades 4-7 are in the Russert Road facility, which includes a brand new state-of-the-art science lab.
- Fax: 617-635-8063
- Hours: 9:20am - 3:20pm: Early dismissal: 1:25pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 360
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 16:1
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 33
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Parents are very involved in the community organizing a "Welcome back to school" social, clean-up day and field day.
- What makes this community special?: A support group for parents of students with special needs helps connect parents with other parents and with resources to assist in navigating the special education process.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-3
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Infirmary
- Extracurricular activities available: The school has a great program with the Boston Ballet for which students go and learn ballet. There are computer, drama, and music classes. Afterschool tutoring is also available.