Founder Vince Petryk opened the first J.P. Licks in Jamaica Plain in 1981. The eclectic home-made ice cream company now has a total of eight stores in a five mile radius. This location, in the Hancock Village plaza, is open seven days a week offering offbeat flavors with fun names, a friendly and funky staff and some of the best ice cream you have ever sampled. All of the ice cream served at J.P. Licks is Kosher.
- Hours: Daily, 9am - 11pm.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Jun 01 1981
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Food and beverages
- Food & dining options: Kosher, Sugar-free
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out, Web orders
- Menu link: www.jplicks.com
- Specialties: Ice cream, frozen yogurt, coffee, frappes, cakes
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: It's a family-oriented community - lots of young children.
- Frozen yogurt: Yes
- Number of ice cream flavors: 35
- Number of candy varieties: 20