Media Communications Technology High School
Media Communications Technology High School is one of four separate schools inside the West Roxbury Educational Complex. The school is focused on teaching students about various aspects of media such as photography, videography, television production, web design and has cutting edge media technology. The school also has a relationship with Turner Broadcasting.
- Fax: 617-635-7912
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:20am - 1:40pm; Early Dismissal, 11:45am
- Handicap Accessible: Designated handicap parking is available. Several ramps and handicap entrances are also available throughout the campus.
- Founding Date: September 5, 2005
- Number of students: 368
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 16:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 37
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school has relationships with many local organizations such as Emerson College, UMass-Boston and Mass College of Art.
- What makes this community special?: Full-time professionals who work in the media field are amazed at the cutting edge technology the students get to work with on a daily basis.
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Student broadcasted shows are presented live and streamed onto the internet.
- Student clubs: Photography, digital art and web design are just some of the options available to students.
- Sports teams: Media High students come together with the three other schools' students in the West Roxbury Educational Complex to play softball, tennis, ice hockey and more.