Viva Mi Arepa
Viva Mi Arepa is one of West Roxbury's best-kept secrets, tucked beneath a modest blue awning at Washington & Grove. Best known for its home cooked Venezuelan cuisine (though it borrows from other countries here and there), the restaurant has a delightfully authentic feel, similar to the South End's Miami Kitchen. This isn't for the air-conditioning-and-table-service crowd, but the food is uncommonly delicious.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 11am - 9pm; Sat, 10am - 9pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Food and Beverage
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Home-cooked Venezuelan dishes
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: They know good food!
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Signature dishes: Empenadas, Cachapas, Batidos
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Arepas (grilled or fried cornmeal bread stuffed with a choice of meat or beans and cheese).
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Number of tables: 5
- Features: Dinner, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun, Quiet
- Dress code: Very Informal