West Roxbury Library
The West Roxbury Library has been serving the community since 1896, providing both children and adults a chance to read, learn and grow. Events held at the library range from author readings and a chess club to live jazz performances and flower arranging workshops. The branch prides itself on its Irish history collection and offers reading programs for preschool kids and older. The West Roxbury Historical Society also resides at the library.
- Hours: Mon, Thu, noon - 8pm; Tue, Wed, 10am - 6pm; Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- What makes this community special?: It is the most used neighborhood branch in all of Boston and has a very involved friends of the library group (http://friendsofthewrlibrary.org)
- Parking: On-street: free
- Specialties: Irish history collection, literature collection, a strong large print collection
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: anyone can use the internet
- Programs/classes: West Roxbury Reads, summer reading for children, guest lectures, author readings
- Wi-Fi: Free