Tuesday, March 26, 2013
A fire in a two-story dwelling began during the 1 o’clock hour this morning.
Firefighters put out a blaze in a 2.5 story dwelling on Perham Street early this morning. According to reports, officials responded to a fire on the first floor of 52 Perham St. at 1:23 a.m. The fire was put out by 1:35 a.m. There was minimal damage to the interior, according to reports.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Firefighters and T workers were able to isolate a smoldering electrical wire in Arlington station. The loss of Green Line service and an unrelated Red Line incident wreaked havoc on the morning commute.
The MBTA restored Green Line service late Wednesday morning after an electrical fire at Arlington station shut down portions of the service. According to the Boston Fire Department, the station was shut down because of smoking electrical wires. "The power had to be shut down to de-energize the smoldering cable. This caused the closing and evacuation of Arlington & Copley," fire officials wrote on the department's official Twitter account. The offending cable was identified just before 10 a.m., according to the fire department. The evacuation and shut down affected all Green Line branches. And an unrelated incident on the Red line further complicated the morning commute during one of the coldest days of the year. MBTA Green Line service …
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Fire visible from outside home.
Firefighters responded at 2:52 p.m. to 89 Partridge St. for a report of a fire showing outside. The fire extended inside the house, according to early reports. Police have cleared the scene. Firefighters cleared the scene around 4:15pm. The grill on the front porch caught the house on fire, resulting in heavy damage. No further information is available.
Friday, August 10, 2012
How can Boston identify and remove illegal grills before disaster strikes?
A South End roof deck caught fire Thursday night, causing billowing smoke and snarled traffic in the neighborhood. An illegal grill on the roof deck caused the fire, according to the Boston Fire Department. It was the second illegal grill fire in two days; the department put out a Roslindale blaze Wednesday. Spotting illegal grills is difficult from street level, but Bostonians in taller buildings know which neighbors have the contraband cookers and which don't. Here are the city's rules for grills. Mostly they prohibit charcoal grills on any structure and place limits on gas grills. What can Boston do to crack down on illegal grills? Are you willing to rat out your neighbors in the name of safety? Or do you own a rooftop grill? Why do you…