NSTAR official said power went out at 4:45 p.m. due to distribution service line being tripped.
An electrical service distribution line was tripped by an animal, said an NSTAR official, which caused a power outage on Centre Street this afternoon. Power went out at 4:45 p.m., said NSTAR Media Spokesperson Bill Zamparelli, and was restored at 5:14 p.m. The power outage affected 195 customers, said Zamparelli. The power outage also caused an emergency generator to smoke at the Hebrew Rehab Center.
No fire, no one hurt, but smoky conditions caused BFD personnel to visit scene.
An electrical power outage caused smoky conditions at the Hebrew Rehabilitation Center shortly after 5 p.m. today. Boston Fire Department Spokesperson Steve MacDonald said there was no fire, but smoke was showing. He said no one was evacuated. "NSTAR was having transformer issues in the neighborhood out on Centre Street. What happened is some people lost power in the neighborhood," said MacDonald. NSTAR personnel provided information about the power outage. "NSTAR was having power issues," said MacDonald. "When the Hebrew Rehab emergency generator kicked on, it created smoke." MacDonald said that NSTAR officials and firefighters were able to do some quick maneuvers to switch back to the regular generator and the smoking ceased. Stephen …